Saturday, March 20, 2010

waiting.


Waiting

Dear Baby, here beneath my heart,
I thought that you might come today;
The timing seemed just right.

But the stars are out
And the moon is high
And sheepishly I wonder why
I try to arrange the plans
Of God.

For now I know
You will not come
Until the One who holds eternity
Rustles your soft cocoon
And whispers in tones that I will not hear,
“It’s time, precious gift.”

“Now it’s time.”

-by Robin Jones Gunn




:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

i did not think ruby was coming tonight, but i've entered that state of waiting. of doing the dishes, and waiting. doing the laundry, taking walks, playing, coloring, sleeping, bathing, cooking, eating, praying, and waiting. it is a holy time.

1 comment:

  1. hi amanda,
    i'm thinking about you as your little one gets ready to make her entrance. i hope your birth experience is safe and wonderful. i have a few little things to send to ruby after she comes out.
    happy spring!
    love, jessica

    ReplyDelete